Thursday, August 22, 2024

ISCI 761 Introduction

 ISCI 761 Introduction

August 22, 2024

    Hello!  My name is Jessica and welcome to my blog!  I go by Jessica or Jess and my preferred pronouns are she/her/hers.  I reside in Fort Mill, SC, and am a kindergarten assistant in the Fort Mill School District.  My undergraduate degree is in Business Administration and I worked for several years in the marketing and finance industry.  I made a career change and became the State Scholarship Coordinator for the University of Florida.  While at UF, I earned my Master's degree in Educational Leadership with a focus on higher education administration.  I took a break from my career to be a stay-at-home mom for my children.  I began subbing at our local school district and discovered a passion for working with elementary school students.  I have been a kindergarten assistant for 3 years.  

    I am in my second year of the MLIS program with the school track and EDI certificate.  I will start my first internship next semester.  My primary goal for this semester is to understand and utilize technology effectively in the elementary school library setting.  I have really enjoyed using and playing around with Canva for many of my course projects.  As an undergraduate student, I predominantly used Microsoft products.  I now understand and appreciate the ease and user-friendly platform of Google. 

    Fun fact - I sang with a choir in college and we performed at the White House. 

Here is a picture of myself and my family


I am excited for this course and getting to know you!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Information Literacy and Student Learning  My personal daily information diet consists of news sources, social media and job related updates...